Adeola Ayinla

MBA Student Adeola Ayinla

MBA 2022, Nigeria

“If one perseveres, one will surely succeed.”

I love meeting people and regard myself as dynamic, tenacious and versatile. I’m a religious person and love having fun and learning new things.

Achievements

• Project management – I have supervised construction work, fundraising for projects, and event planning
  • Financial Secretary for my school alumni group
  • Customer Service Officer in a bank, which really helped my problem solving skills and communication

What attracted you to the MBA programme at Kent Business School and why?

Going through the modules online, I was interested immediately. I knew it would be the perfect place to get the proper knowledge and skills I so much desire. I cannot forget the School’s reputation too. Coming from a third world country, I have seen small businesses suffer due to several factors, some of which are: lack of technical know-how, time management, scheduling, financing (not finding the right investors), and decision making.

Aspiration

To be in a leadership position in any organisation I find myself in – to be part of the management. I would also like to have my own business (consultancy firm) and want to go into Agribusiness.

Advice

Never give up on it. Do all you can to keep your business going. There will definitely be hurdles but it’s all part of the learning process. Get the right certifications, if need be. The sky is just the starting point!