Shubhra Kamat

MBA 2020, UK

“Nothing is impossible, the word itself means I M Possible.” Audrey Hepburn

I graduated from the prestigious University of Manipal Academy of Higher Education (India) in 2001, with an extensive and thorough course of five and half years achieving with a Bachelor’s degree in Physiotherapy.

Following this, I completed a graduate degree in physical medicine and rehabilitation at the All India Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation in Mumbai in 2003, where I conducted a dissertation in assessment of balance in Spastic Cerebral Palsy children, which is now used as one of the objective assessments on the Biodex balance master machine.

I have a flair for passion in paediatric orthopaedics which lies mainly in the areas of Ponseti management of clubfeet and I did my fellowship in Iowa centre of Excellence for Clubfeet in American in 2014. Besides leading the clubfoot service across both sites, I am a trained Advanced Clinical Practitioner in DDH and completed my Graf course in 2010.

I was instrumental in setting up the paediatric orthotic specialised clinics at MTW and enjoy MDT working where patients get a one stop treatment which often comprises of requesting investigation, gait analysis and assessment, serial casting and management plan for Orthotics for complex Orthopaedic patients. In 2019, I also completed my Elaine Owen course of Gait analysis and Orthotic management.

I am an active member of Ponseti London user group and a part of the wider ESP network nationally. I believe in corporate social responsibility to be embodied in daily practice and have linked with the World Clubfoot Shoe Bank Charity and CURE international for helping organise recycling and provision of the boots and bar to children from less affluent countries such as Africa.

Outside of work, I enjoy keeping fit and taking part in classes like body pump, body combat and spin classes during the week, to help keep improve my fitness and sync mind and body.

Achievements

• Ponseti clubfeet management fellowship in Iowa, America- Managing and leading the clubfeet service at current organisation
  • Graf Course DDH – advanced clinical practitioner in DDH management of babies
  • Setting up an innovative service of paediatric orthotics at current work place

What attracted you to the Kent MBA programme and why?

To further enhance my leadership and management experience and knowledge.

What were your motivations for undertaking an MBA?

My desire to improve my leadership skills, gain new knowledge and uplift my career were my main motivation.

Aspiration

Board Director. Setting up a collaborative business in UK and globally.

Advice

Believe in yourself and empower people.