Avtar Verdee

MBA 2020, UK

“Seek first to understand, then to be understood,” Stephen Covey

I am a HCPC Registered Radiographer with over ten years leadership and management experience.

Currently, I am Head of Capital Projects at Dartford and Gravesham NHS Trust. My strong clinical background and general management experience has allowed me to grow a unique and advantageous insight into how to forge relationships and bring teams together to deliver change.

Achievements

• Presentation at the National Conference for Magnetic Resonance Radiographers
  • Achieved £500k cost reduction in a single year and recognition at board level
  • Reaching to Senior On Call (Tactical) Manager level

What attracted you to the Kent MBA programme and why?

I have a desire for improvement and continuous learning and wish to gain a broader understanding of leadership in context of the changing health service and business environment.

What were your motivations for undertaking an MBA?

I wish to gain broader understanding of complex management theory and practice on a personal and professional level resulting in enhanced services for patients.

Aspiration

To obtain Director and Executive level positions.

Advice

Develop a wide network, exchange information and treat each other with respect and dignity. Development of the workforce is paramount and ‘bring’ people with you on a journey to enable change.