Arsa Phanda

MBA 2021, Thailand

“The best way to predict your future is to create it.” Abraham Lincoln

I run my own small business in Residential Property. I decided to invest in rental property due to a demand of workers seeking rental housing in the industrial area in which the Eastern Economic Corridor (EEC) has emerged.

Prior to this, i worked as a Business Relationship Officer for five years at Siam Commercial Bank Public Company. In my role, I offered financial support, such as business loans, overdrafts and financial solutions to business owners and Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) helping them improve their business profitability. My role heavily involved meeting client expectations, dealing with complaints and common issues and negotiation skills.

Achievements

• During my first year in the bank, I was assigned to design and implement marketing channel to approach new business credit clients – this was a success and transferred the banks products and services directly to clients which enabled our team to expand our client base
  • Took pride in a prototype project called ‘Pattaya Model’ for six months between January – June 2019, which created a new role and working process for employees that demonstrated proficiency in business credit that was applied to other sectors
  • Received the promotion within one year with the excellent satisfactory resulted

What attracted you to the Kent MBA programme and why?

I chose the Kent MBA is highly ranked in the UK and has many credible accreditations, i was also impressed by the reputation of of the faculty and expert professors.

The Kent MBA covers all of the skills that i look to acquire and can be studied over 1 Year. Learning from real-life situations or through systematic thinking and thinking “outside of the box” is also emphasised.

I am interested in the different modules; leadership development on a global scale and sustainable innovation. The University has a multi-extensive business network too. These factors make me feel confident I will achieve self-improvement and will lead me to future success.

What were your motivations for undertaking an MBA?

The opportunities i have had working with entrepreneurs and different kinds of businesses in my previous role has made me realise how necessary it is for me to pursue an MBA to broaden my further knowledge and increase the potential for my own business and future career.

Aspiration

The more profound my knowledge of business administration, the more it will generate a guarantee of knowledge and comprehension, along with better decision making in business. I have become much more sure that the Kent MBA could upskill and shape my future career.

Advice

It is important to be aware of your step doing business, but do not fear to start your step. If you make a mistake, It is classified as a lesson. Keep going and trying again.