Alumni Focus: The Business Consultant

Sharleen Liu, from China, studied an MBA full-time for the academic year 2016/2017. Prior to studying her MBA, She was Group Account Director in WE Marketing Group, her responsibility was to manage client service and brand strategy. 

Why did you choose Kent Business School for your MBA?

Among all the business schools, I decided to study with Kent Business School, because of its International reach, it’s friendly atmosphere, supportive staff and it’s location; the beautiful city of Canterbury nearby, and London a short train ride.   

What was the best thing about your MBA?

I utilised all the facilities that the school provided, like the career centre; the lectures/training provided. I made local and international friends. I gained a better understand the UK culture and improved my language capability.

What’s your advice to MBA students?

My advice to an MBA student that wants to stay in the UK after graduating, would be to locate the school career centre during your first week that you arrive. They were extremely helpful and gave me very valuable advice. 

Beyond the MBA…

I joined a Germany communication group for 2 years, and have now started my own business, a communication agency as a business consultant. MBA study plays an important role during my career development, which made me more confident, comprehensive, and structured. I know myself and lead myself, that is a real leader.  

A short quote to sum up what you took from the MBA?

“Be an actioner instead of a dreamer!”