Tosin Sade Clare Olaoye

UK, MBA 2019

“Never wish life was better, wish you were better.” – Jim Rohn

I am excited about the prospect of improving my e-commerce business and management style through Strategic Marketing & Communication and Strategic People Management and Modules on the Kent MBA programme. I hope to gain insight into how large multinational companies succeeded in a tough economy during European Study Tour. I also look forward to developing improved professional skillset during the forthcoming workshops and seminar, as well as the prospect of networking and building business relationships.

As a self-funded student, I am also attracted to the fact that I can apply for 50% funding support from the Kent MBA Women in Leadership Scholarship. As a Project Manager, I control and manage the multiple-stream project. Previously I worked as an Accounting Assistant in an Accounting Practice and was also a Project Planner. During this MBA programme, I want to develop strategic management proficiency.

I own an E-commerce start-up where I sell women shapewear and hair solutions. I hope to grow and expand this side-business of mine in the long term with one major goal in mind, to provide work experience and leadership skills for ‘Misunderstood Women’. ‘Misunderstood Women’ is a charity organisation I hope to set up to help women who are already in employment that desire move into leadership positions but unable to do so because they do not have a work and family life balance.

In my spare time, I offer assistance on a volunteer basis at the local athletics club where my daughter attends training during major events and I also enjoy playing football with my skilful son.

Achievements

• I did Accounting Assistant Internship after completing an Accounting and Finance degree but moved into Project Management due to its dynamic and changing nature.
  • As an Associate project manager, I helped review time-constraint schedules, increased efficiency by reducing over-allocated resources and created an achievable project plan to meet clients changing needs. This gave one of the high-end customers the confidence in Winners Walk IT solutions due to prompt handing over to them and I was promoted to the Project Manager role after the company secured further retainer contract agreement.

Aspirations

I hope to develop my career prospect to a senior level and later move into consultancy. I want to be well-equipped with various management style and marketing skills to handle the challenges that come with business growth and expansion.

Advice

Believe in yourself and try to self-develop every day. Research and educate yourself often but seek expert advice when you get stuck. Learn from your failures, move on quickly and strive for continuous success.

To find out more and apply for the Kent MBA at Kent Business School, visit The Kent MBA webpage.