Regine Angela Banzuela

Philippines, MBA 2019

“I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.” – Stephen Covey

Kent Business School’s MBA programme has a strong international emphasis which is essential for developing leaders in a global marketplace. The practice-based learning structure of the programme means that knowledge learned will be transferred to any organisation promoting workplace innovation. I would therefore be able to apply modern frameworks to solve ongoing business challenges and improve current processes.

I am a creative Product Manager at Cummins Inc, Kent, with a strong interest in global strategy development and communication. I have proven data analysis experience and I am renowned for my ability to present complex data in a simplified and comprehensive way through storytelling. I have business knowledge both from a global corporation and from a start-up perspective.

Corporate social responsibility is one of my key advocacies and I enjoy using my time to give back to the community.

Achievements

• I started my professional career as a placement student in Cummins Inc back in 2015. Towards the end of my 12-month tenure, I was offered a part-time position whilst completing my degree and a guaranteed permanent job after graduation. Presently, I manage a portfolio of products that altogether bring in at least $500M of annual revenue to the company.
  • A key highlight of my career is the Sales Effectiveness Initiative for which I developed comprehensive product training packages that help our sales force in understanding the complexity of our products and enabling them to sell more through increased knowledge. I delivered product training using these materials both virtually and in-person in West Africa to hundreds of Cummins sales representatives.
  • In 2018, I was offered the role of ‘Corporate Responsibility Site Leader’ that involves creating a strategy in promoting education, equality of opportunity and environment within the local area. I lead Cummins Kent’s community involvement initiatives and coordinate more than 200 employees to ensure that they are able to allocate some of their working hours to volunteering activities.

Aspirations

I hope be in a senior leadership role within a global organisation. Upon successful completion of the Kent MBA, I will gain effective leadership skills that will guide me on how to build my success through supporting others. I can become a transformational leader that motivates and encourages my colleagues to achieve their full potential by creating an outstanding environment to work in. I would be able to help foster open communication that will enable myself and my future teams to achieve organisational objectives and our own individual professional goal.

Advice

Make a list of specific goals that will be your source of inspiration and motivation, at the same time acknowledge that these goals may change based on the lessons that you will pick up on your journey. Then, ask yourself if what you’re doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be.

Appreciate yourself more – focus on progress, not perfection.

To find out more and apply for the Kent MBA at Kent Business School, visit The Kent MBA webpage.