Andrew Geoghegan

UK, MBA 2019

“We are perishing for want of wonder, not want of wonders.” – G.K Chesterton

My wife and best friend both undertook their undergraduate studies at the University of Kent, and I was very impressed by what I saw of the university. It also has a fantastic reputation and the architectural design of the Kent Business School is very impressive.

I currently work in a senior clinical position within the NHS, where I have developed my practice over ten years since qualifying within my field. I’ve held a position within my trade union and professional college for the past two years and have a keen interest in developing my leadership skills to advance in my role. I’ve been involved with the Scout Association for the past 28 years, and have an interest in politics, philosophy and literature.

Achievements

• Six years ago I was promoted from Band 5 to Band 6, and three years ago promoted again from Band 6 to Band 7.
  • I was honoured to be elected as the staff side chair for our Trust’s Joint Negotiation and Consultation Committee.

Aspirations

I hope to develop my career in management to a senior level.

Advice

Perseverance is key – to continue on in the face of difficulty, and rise to meet challenges as they present themselves is necessary if you want to succeed.

To find out more and apply for the Kent MBA at Kent Business School, visit The Kent MBA webpage.