Paula Galvez

Spain
The Kent MBA 2018
(Part-time)

“Mistakes are opportunities, not failures.” 

I am currently working as a QA Manager in a fresh product. My job is to ensure that we supply our customer which the product that they want it. I work with technical department to define and agree what standard to use since those determine how we introduce methods to the teams, how we train them, and how we monitor progress and quality throughout the development process.

I started to work in fresh produce 7 years ago and I would like to grow in this sector. Currently, I am working in a quality technical area. However, I would like to work in the procurement or sales department and I am sure that achieving the MBA will help me to reach my target.

Working in fresh product and with the knowledge that I have with different fruit and vegetables every day I realised about the importance of reducing waste and how to manage it, so from my professional perspective it will be interesting to explore and create alternatives to be able to reduce waste in food.

Outside of my job or study, I love being outdoors going on day hikes with my friends, and I enjoy going on camping trips too. I find being outside is a great way to de-stress. It is also a great way to spend quality time with my friends and family, away from our phones and computers and busy lives.

Experience

In my current company after five months of working with them, I received an award for great improvement in the company. I was successful in reducing 50% of the customer complaints.
In one of my previous companies, we introduced a new product to the company and I was the one building relationships with the new suppliers.

Aspirations

I hope to develop my career in the fresh produce industry and work in more senior management positions. It will be something to consider exploring another part of the supply chain such as retailers or different markets.

Advice

Hard work, tenacity and learn from your mistake. Mistakes are opportunities, not failures.

To find out more and apply for the Kent MBA at Kent Business School, visit The Kent MBA webpage.