Lakal Jayasekara

Sri Lanka
The Kent MBA 2018
(Part-time)

“Learn from your mistakes and always look to improve yourself.”

I joined GEA Refrigeration UK Ltd as a Graduate Sales Engineer in the product sales department and moved into the contracting business within GEA in 2014 as a Design Engineer. I was promoted to the role of Design Team Leader in 2017. Outside of work, I’m a keen follower of Formula 1 and Moto GP. I also enjoy Go Karting with friends.

Achievements

• Making the career move from sales to design was one of the best decisions I’ve made as it really has given me the opportunity to grow as a person.
  • Being promoted to Design Team Leader gave me added responsibility within the company that I really enjoy.
  • Over the last four years as Design Engineer/Team Leader I have designed quite a few large contracts and the one that I’m most proud of is the project I completed for a leading supermarket where I designed the largest freezer store in the UK.

Aspirations

I hope to develop my career in management to a senior level within the business.

Advice

Learn from your mistakes and always look to improve yourself.

To find out more and apply for the Kent MBA at Kent Business School, visit The Kent MBA webpage.