Steve Oyebola

Lagos – Nigeria
The Kent MBA 2017
(Full-time)

“Continuous self-development is essential.”

My most recent position is Project Coordinator at Watech Construction Ltd., London. I organise construction project lifecycles and manage a team of construction workers to ensure timely project deployment, execution, and delivery in accordance with management specification.

My career started in the Nigerian oil and gas industry as a Transport Coordinator, managing oil and gas haulage transport systems. After which I worked for Acco Brand Benelux in the Netherlands as a Warehouse Shift Supervisor, managing inbound and outbound warehouse stock and a team of order pickers.

I am very much interested in management consultancy, negotiation skills, sustainability and management decision-making.

I play recreational tennis and frequently attend the local gym for fitness activities and swimming.

Experience

Having started my career in the Nigerian oil and gas industry, I have recently studied oil and gas management to make a career change so that I can go back to the industry to contribute to the Nigerian and African energy policy.

I have been part of several new building development projects for my company and recommended the use of sustainable materials for the project.

I have recently completed my PRINCE2 (Projects in Controlled Environments) certification.

Aspirations

My aspiration is to develop strong management and consultancy skills for decision-making at a board of management level and to provide consultancy services to the International Oil Companies (IOC), the Nigerian government and other African governments on energy policy, security and sustainable exploration of oil and gas in the African continent.

I chose the Kent MBA because of its accreditation by the Association of MBAs (AMBA) which is globally recognised as the highest standard for MBA programmes. I was also attracted to the Kent MBA because of its teaching method which combines academic theory with practical applications to real-life business situations through the use of case studies and consultancy with regional and multinational businesses. This has earned the University the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) Gold Award in recognition of its commitment to teaching excellence.

Advice

Continuous self-development is an essential aspect of business progression. Learn new skills and develop your career to be adequately equipped with the capabilities required for optimum performance in your business and career roles.

To find out more and apply for the Kent MBA at Kent Business School, visit The Kent MBA webpage.