Namiko Haruta

Tokyo – Japan
The Kent MBA 2017
(Full-time)

“Where there is a will, there is a way.”

As an Executive Secretary at a Japanese manufacturing company, my job involved the provision of support to the President and other directors.

My professional interests have revolved around being a proud believer in the creativity and precision of Japanese companies. In the future, I would like to play a key role in helping a company to facilitate further expansion internationally.

My personal interests include going hiking and doing yoga. I would like to try out outdoor activities in the UK and to see the beautiful blue seas of other European countries.

Experience

My main key professional achievement has been to manage the daily schedule of the President of an international press manufacturing firm. My favourite moment was when I left the company to pursue my MBA studies in the UK, the President personally praised my work. In his own words, he thanked me for being ‘reliable, hard-working and persevering’.

Aspirations

The Kent MBA is an opportunity for me to further my career. I would like to broaden my business perspective, focusing on international management and strategy. I also wish to improve my critical thinking skills to make sound decisions and deliver better business outcomes. I would like to take a position where I can have an influence on corporate strategy and help the companies facilitate overseas expansion.

In today’s business environment, it is essential to gain an awareness of different cultural beliefs and practices. The University of Kent is established as the UK’s European University. Kent Business School offers small class sizes with practical applications in diverse cultures and well-established connections with different industries. I also wanted to study in a peaceful and green city. Canterbury is just as I expected.

Advice

Where there is a will, there is a way.

To find out more and apply for the Kent MBA at Kent Business School, visit The Kent MBA webpage.