Kyle Greenwood

Sussex – United Kingdom
The Kent MBA 2017
(Part-time)

“I hope to be at the forefront of change.”

I started with a steel company as a Sales Executive, where I progressed to Sales Manager. I joined John Parker & Son as Major Account Manager and progressed to Commercial Manager, and now Business Development Manager. My hobbies include snowboarding, wakeboarding and CrossFit.

Experience

In my career so far my key professional achievements have included managing Project BEO (back-end-optimisation) which will save my company two million per year. I also became the youngest Commercial Manager at John Parker & Son and climbed Mount Kilimanjaro.

Aspirations

The Kent MBA came highly recommended and scored highly in the rankings. I hope to become a Director of the business and to be at the forefront of change going forward.

Advice

I always use a quote by T.E Lawrence when I require some information: ‘All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.’

People inherently fear change and this leads to the ‘we have always done it this way’ attitude or the general suspicion around trying to improve the way we work, If this can be overcome, and people buy into pushing the boundaries and welcoming change; even if results are not as hoped, this will allow companies to remain at the forefront of what they do.

To find out more and apply for the Kent MBA at Kent Business School, visit The Kent MBA webpage.