Emmanuel Binns

London – United Kingdom
The Kent MBA 2017
(Full-time)

“Recognise your talents.”

I founded and run Bexley Scaffolding Ltd. which specialises in safe access solutions for construction and remedial works being carried out at height. My job role is to make sure scaffolding structures are erected and dismantled safely in compliance with health and safety. My daily duties include making sure the scope and direction of each project is on schedule and is carried out effectively and efficiently within budget.

Experience

My key professional achievements include gaining my International Business Undergraduate degree. I also gained my Transport Manager Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) in Road Haulage and my Level 3 Construction Diploma in Highway Maintenance, and NVQ Level 3 Diploma in General Construction.

Aspirations

I wish to enhance my professional skills to advance my company within its industry to become one of the country’s leading scaffolding companies. I aspire to be a successful and well-respected global business leader working cross-industry (from start-ups to SMEs and PLCs). I wish to motivate others to study business and go onto becoming future international business leaders and wish to encourage young people from troubled backgrounds to stay in education and avoid crime.

I graduated from the University of Kent in 2015 and loved my time here so much that I promised myself I’d be back to complete the Kent MBA programme. The skills I learnt at undergraduate level helped me gain the knowledge and build the confidence to go onto start my own company. Kent Business School is recognised as being part of one of the UK’s leading international universities recognised globally as a leader in research in many fields of study.

Advice

Recognise your talents and work your socks off to develop them into skills to accomplish your goals and dreams. The moment you decide to quit, you let somebody else win. Never give up!

To find out more and apply for the Kent MBA at Kent Business School, visit The Kent MBA webpage.