The University of Kent has launched a sex-positive campaign to cultivate and strengthen a culture of consent in our community of staff and students
Everyone should be able to explore their sexuality with confidence, and we know that consent is key and necessary for all sexual activity. Getting consent might at first seem tricky so, we have created a campaign page where you can learn about what consent is and read some tips on how to ensure you have it, and how you can give it clearly to your partner(s).
We are also organising events and initiatives for you to take part in. Follow #ConsentGetIt to stay up-to-date and find out how to join.
We are actively working on making sure that we…
- …are transparent with you about our approach and response to sexual misconduct and harassment.
- …clearly inform you of the procedures, expectations, and actions taken within the university are.
- …give you all the information you need about the support we offer and how you can access it.
As part of our aim to be transparent with you and make sure you know where to get support, we have put together the following guides:
- How to get support for Sexual Assault and Harassment
- How to find Health and Emergency Services
- What happens in a Sexual Assault and Harassment Meeting
- What happens in Sexual Assault Responders Meeting
Will you help us put a full stop to sexual assault and misconduct? Join us in making our university the safest it can be.
Written by Filipa Paes, third year student, on 22.10.21
If you’d like to comment on or contribute to a podcast or article for Student Services, email us at StudentServicesWeb@kent.ac.uk.
Check out further articles on Consent and Support and Wellbeing.