Planes, Trains and Automobiles!

Emma Drewitt, Recruitment Officer

The recruitment team have collectively spent many hours on planes, trains and in automobiles this autumn, as we have been busy travelling around Europe, visiting lots of prospective students.

This is always my favourite time of the year, dashing around different European cities and speaking to students about what it’s like to study at the University of Kent. Last week I travelled to Venice, Milan and Sofia. Getting to my event using a water taxi in Venice was great fun, but carrying my 20kg suitcase across the many Venetian footbridges wasn’t quite as enjoyable!

While in Sofia, I recorded a YouTube video on life at the University of Kent. The idea was for students to watch it before they came to speak to me at the fair to hopefully give them a bit of background about the university. There were a few technical issues during recording which made for good fun, but hopefully it was still helpful to lots of students across Bulgaria.

I’ve met many great students on my travels who are looking to study in the UK, particularly for their postgraduate degrees. I’ve been giving lots of information about funding their studies, and all of the different options that are available to them.

We will continue to travel around on the run up to Christmas, reaching as many students as possible! I’m off to Greece and Cyprus for my next trip for British Council Fairs in Athens, Thessaloniki and Nicosia. I am hoping for very successful fairs, as well as a little bit of sun and meze!