Black History Month events continue this week and make sure you check out the exhibitions happening at Canterbury and Medway!
Here’s a summary of all the events and support at Kent this week.
Monday 23 October: Israel Gaza conflict support drop-in and planning and using AI to plan your essay
Student Support and Wellbeing (SSW) are running a support session for students affected by the Israel Gaza conflict from 13:00-14:00 on Monday. This is a drop-in session taking place upstairs in Locke Building near the Coop, staffed by a mental health adviser and counsellor from SSW. All students are welcome.
Go along to this study support session on how artificial intelligence (AI) can be useful in the planning stages of essay writing from 13:00-14:00 on Monday.
Tuesday 24 October: Pebble painting and personality tests
Make friends at a calming pebble painting session with Kent Union’s Buddy Scheme. All craft equipment is provided so all you need to do is go along to the Venue at midday on Tuesday.
What personality type are you? Take the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator in Drill Hall Library (Medway) on Tuesday to identify your personality type and how it can help you manage stress, conflict resolution and improve communication with others.
Wednesday 25 October: Gardening, Bee Walk and help with job applications
If you are applying for graduate schemes, placements or part-time jobs, the Careers team run events throughout the year to help you every step of the way. This Wednesday you can prepare by going to: What is a Graduate Scheme and how do I get one?; Speed Interviewing and How to answer interview questions.
Thursday 26 October: Black Owned Student Business Market and Halloween crafts
Don’t miss the Black Owned Student Business Market on Thursday afternoon, from 12:00-16:00, at Canterbury plaza. At the market you will find a fantastic selection of products from Black business owners including some of our fantastic student entrepreneurs!
Enjoy some Halloween crafts at Kent Union’s Halloween decoration making Give it a Go event in the Venue (Canterbury) at midday on Thursday. Or if you’re at Medway, head to the Hub for a Halloween Crafternoon.
Get ready for winter at this preloved winter clothing sale at Medway on Thursday in the Blake building from 10:00-16:00.
Friday 27 October: Writing at Master’s level and CV/cover letter support
Need help with a CV or cover letter? Don’t miss this online support session with a careers adviser.
If you have just started a Master’s or you are a PG student who wants to improve their academic writing, go along to this introduction to writing at Master’s Level in Canterbury on Friday.
Opportunities and reminders
- Do you have the Uni Kent Student app? Make sure to update it for the latest functionality and best experience. We also recommend you turn on app notifications.
- Register with Santander’s Scholarship programme and you could win £1,000. 10 Kent students will win £1,000 for simply registering online with Santander’s Scholarship programme.
- Buy a Student Art Pass for £10 (limited time price) and dive into culture on a budget with free entry to hundreds of museums and galleries across the UK, and 50% off major exhibitions.
- Looking for a paid work opportunity on campus? We’re doing student photoshoots from 2-3 November, and we’d like to feature a group of students that truly represents our Kent Community. Sign up for the student photoshoot
- Medway students can now log in directly to The Hub website making it easier to sign up with clubs and societies, as well as a simpler events booking process!