Since last month’s update we are pleased to confirm the release of new features and functionality which are now live and available to staff and student users of KentVision.
The release has introduced standardised and streamlined processes across the student lifecycle that will improve the experience for both staff and students.
Some examples of this include:
- Functionality to enable finance colleagues to create and approve manual scholarship awards for the previous academic year.
- Enhanced congregations’ functionality to enable colleagues to sort through to review and update transcripts more efficiently and effectively – reducing the administration burden on staff.
- Introduced functionality to export intermitted student data – enabling improved data analysis.
- Various amendments to approximately 20 system screens (e.g., student support, Individual Learning Plans, PGR Management, Advisors) to ensure a student’s legal name is updated to display their preferred name – improving student wellbeing.
- Introduced functionality to display extended assignment due dates to academic colleagues when approved via Extenuating Circumstances. In addition, the self-certification period for extenuating circumstances has been updated and amended to seven days.
- Automated processes and communications for intermission and withdrawals via email text updates.
- Successfully implemented the data integration processes between KentVision and the CRM.
This release is the culmination of hard work, and we commend everyone involved for their work – including the KentVision Project Team, IS colleagues, and the users of the system dedicating time to ensure improvements are realised.
- Technology and process improvements to continue such as Change of Circumstances and Core Record functionality to enable bulk updates to records (e.g., bulk course changes).
- Work continues to integrate the student attendance data from Moodle into KentVision – ensuring reporting of student attendance is fit for purpose and meets our compliance requirements.
- Business readiness activities, including transition plans and training and communications.
- We are pleased to announce the first of our scheduled KentVision Drop-In Sessions (6 Dec 2022 – 10.00-12.00 – Rutherford N4.N1). Come along and bring any KentVision related questions to our friendly training team in-person. It is a good opportunity to address your queries and demonstrate functionality side by side. Tea, coffee, and snacks will be provided!