Thursday 7 July 2022, 9.15 – 17.00.
Cornwallis East Seminar Room 5 (CESR5)
All over the world, festivals, both large and small, are growing conscious of their ecological footprint. So far, over 40 U.K. festivals have pledged to form a more sustainable future by halving their emissions and obtaining 50% recycling rates by 2025.
The Margate Soul Festival aims to join this group, by reducing the environmental impact of its annual weekend event which attracts over 20,000 music fans per day over three days in a regenerated Margate town centre.
Working in small, interdisciplinary teams, we challenge you to come up with creative and practical solutions to helping the Margate Soul Festival on its pathway to sustainability.
- Increase your problem-solving and team-working skills
- Help a local business to solve a real-world challenge
- Add the IBM Enterprise Design Thinking Practitioner badge to your CV
- Gain 15 Employability Points
- Network over a free lunch and refreshments
The day has been organised by Research and Innovation Services, Knowledge Exchange and Innovation Department at the University of Kent