Launching this term, join the Circle of Trees Group for seasonal sessions that aim to support good health and wellbeing by connecting you with nature. These sessions are run by East Kent Mind as part of the Kent Community Oasis Garden Partnership.
Benefits of Ecotherapy
Ecotherapy improves mental wellbeing and helps people to become more physically active. It gives people the skills to get back into work, training and education, and it helps people who are lonely or socially isolated to broaden their networks. These are all important factors that can prevent people developing a mental health problem to start with.
Summer Term Sessions
- Session 1 – Thursday 12 May – 12.00-14.00 – Finding comfort in Nature at times of pressure
- Session 2 – Thursday 19 May – 12.00-14.00 – Overcoming obstacles
- Session 3 – Thursday 26 May – 12.00-14.00 – Honouring strengths and feelings
- Session 4 – Monday 30 May – 14.00-16.00 – Finding power from within
- Session 5 – Thursday 9 June 12.00-14.00 – ‘Old me, New me’
- Session 6 – Monday 13 June – 12.00-14.00 – Shining our light
You are encouraged to sign up to all 6 to get the full benefits of the course but please do get in touch with us if you can only attend a few.
What does a session look like?
Each session will include a sensory awareness practice, a team-building nature based ice-breaker (30 mins) and a main task encapsulating the month’s energy (1 hour). All things we create will involve simple materials found in nature. The Group concludes with sharing and tea and biscuits!
How to book
You can book onto the sessions and ask any questions you may have by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org where the KentCOG Coordinator Debi will be able to sign you up and answer any queries. You can also visit the Ecotherapy KentCOG website to learn more.