The University is celebrating its strong tradition of creative reuse as part of international Fair Use / Fair Dealing Week
For the first time, Kent will be taking part in Fair Dealing Week from 21-25 February – a celebration of the flexibility in copyright law allowing creative reuse of copyright material.
At our online event (via MS Teams) on Wednesday 23 February from 17:00 to 18:30, we will demonstrate how research, education and engagement at Kent are underpinned by a copyright literacy strategy. We will also outline associated policy, which encourages Kent staff and students to make informed use of legal provisions.
- Introduction from Professor Richard Reece – Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Education and Student Experience) and Chair of the Copyright Steering Group
- The University of Kent Copyright Literacy Strategy and fair dealing – Chris Morrison, Copyright and Licensing Specialist
- A Journey of Creative Reuse in Filmmaking – Dr Richard Misek, Senior Lecturer, School of Arts and independent film maker
- Teaching Digital Arts students through games and play – Dr Alexandra Covaci, Lecturer, School of Engineering and virtual reality researcher
- Parody, pastiche, pandemic songs and copyright – Dr Ben Marsh, Reader, School of History and musical director of the Marsh Family internet sensation. In conversation with Chris Morrison and Dr Jane Secker (co-founders copyrightliteracy.org).
Sign up now
Sign up for the online event now via this Eventbrite link.