Gulbenkian Arts Centre and iCCi at the University of Kent are recruiting participants for a Community Chorus for the upcoming production of The Suppliant Women – would you like to be a part of it?
We’re looking for people who:
- Want to work with a top professional creative team
- Enjoy singing, acting and performing
- Have a willingness to learn, enthusiasm and dedication
- Having an interest in the social and political themes of the play would also be great!
The Community Cast breaks down into 3 choruses as follows:
- The Suppliant Women: Chorus of Young Women aged 18-30 (Some singing and movement experience/ability required but doesn’t need to be seasoned performers.) This chorus is on stage for the majority of the performance and therefore will have the most intensive rehearsal schedule from Sept-Nov 2021 (mainly Tuesday evenings and weekends) and the production week from Monday 8th November 2021.
- The King’s Soldiers: Chorus of Men aged 18-35 (Some singing and movement experience/ability required but doesn’t need to be seasoned performers.) This chorus has a smaller role and therefore less intensive rehearsal schedule, mainly 4 weekend days and then the production week from Monday 8th November 2021.
- Men and Women representing the community: Chorus of the Community aged 18+ (Strong singers and musical readers required – ability to sing without a leader.) This chorus features at the end of the play with one main song.
How to get involved:
We will be running taster workshops at the Gulbenkian Arts Centre on Saturday 11 and Sunday 26 September 2021, from which the Creative Team will select their choruses. To sign up for a slot please complete this short online application form. For more information please contact email@example.com