The name for the new staff intranet, as chosen by you, is KentNet!
Thank you to everybody who submitted their votes and suggestions.
We now need your help to develop the new staff intranet over the next months.
KentNet will become the main place to go for:
- University-wide news (replacing the Staff Guide)
- University-wide resources
- Departmental and divisional news, resources, events and information
- Project information and document sharing
- Specialist topic areas such as Copyright and Finance
By September 2022 SharePoint 2013 sites will become ’read only’ and will be withdrawn from use by the end of 2022.
Ahead of setting up your area, the Project Team will be holding meetings with key stakeholders to talk through how the intranet will work and what you want it to do for you. We’ve also put together a KentNet Support site with more information on what you’ll need to build your intranet area.
This includes guides on setting up your community site when it comes to it, where to store your files and data, and examples of early prototype intranet sites at Kent.
For further information contact: Izzy Linthwaite, Collaboration Services Owner, through Teams or email.