As many more of us return to campus over the next few weeks, we have a new resource pack to help us prepare.
Designed for staff and managers, the pack complements all the support already available across the University as we continue to work through uncertain times. It’s a pack to dip in and out of and think about, rather than something for you to try and absorb all at once.
The resource pack includes sections on:
- Reshaping our working environment – reflecting feedback from our Future of Work survey responses, including a call for line managers to have open, honest conversations with their staff and the importance of taking an inclusive approach.
- Connecting with life on campus – underlining the importance of working together and supporting each other, acknowledging that some staff may be anxious about returning to campus, and the key role of line managers.
- Managing meetings in a hybrid environment – planning inclusive communications as some team members are on campus and others work remotely. Reflecting feedback from staff, we are recommending a ‘virtual first’ approach for all meetings during the Autumn term.
- Microsoft Teams etiquette – reflecting our increasing reliance on virtual communications, there is new guidance on day-to-day use of MS Teams, as well as advice on using the private chat tool, and setting up new sites and channels.
- Health and wellbeing – highlighting resources, such as our Employee Assistance Programme and new Inclusion Passport.
- Other helpful resources – including the Staff Guide, our Crucial Conversations programme and MIND.
Tell us what you think
Don’t forget to share with us by email on email@example.com what you’re finding works for you in our new hybrid working environment, or anything you think would be helpful to include in future versions of this resource pack.
If you require the pack in another format to meet accessibility needs, please contact Ldev@kent.ac.uk.