Are you a member of staff with 5+ years of experience teaching or supporting learning? Find out more about HEA Fellowship at our introductory workshop.
The University of Kent’s Route to Recognition for Experienced Staff (RRES) is a non-taught recognition scheme for experienced staff (academic, support, technical, PGRs) with a minimum of five years’ experience of leading, teaching and/or supporting learning in higher education.
HEA Fellowship demonstrates a personal and institutional commitment to professionalism in learning and teaching in higher education. Fellowship can help staff:
- Consolidate personal development and evidence of professional practice in your higher education career.
- Demonstrate commitment to teaching, learning and the student experience through engagement in a practical process that encourages research, reflection and development.
Fellowship is increasingly sought by employers across the higher education sector as a condition of appointment and promotion and is recognised and valued by a growing number of international institutions.
The session will include:
- how to apply and the application process
- what evidence you will need to put into your application
- the nature and role of the referees,
- the internal assessment process, and further support available for applicants
- an opportunity for Q&A, both as a group and individually
If you wish to attend, email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place.
If you are unsure which category of HEA fellowship you should claim for, have a go at the Fellowship Category tool. This self-analysis tool will ask about your professional activities in teaching and/or supporting learning in higher education. You will be asked about the range of activities you undertake in your practice.