Kent Sport is bringing back our popular running groups! Dust off those old trainers and get back to running. Whether you’re just starting out or a confident runner, we have adapted our sessions to suit everyone. All running groups are open to students and staff. Remember to book online and meet at the Sports Centre.
Beginners’ Running (Couch To 5K)
Our 10-week Couch to 5K program is perfect for those just starting out and will get you comfortably running each week, leading up to a 30 minute run (approx. 5km) in just 10 weeks. This relaxed and sociable session requires no experience, just a pair of trainers and a sense of humour. Our experienced staff will support you every step of the way and before you know it, you’ll be confident to hit the roads on your own.
Social Run Club
The clue is in the name – this ‘social’ group will meet twice a week at the Sports Centre and will be guided by an experienced member of staff. Whether you’ve done a bit of running in the past, or a regular runner, this group is perfect for you! Each week the route may change depending on the group’s preferences, but we’ll be there to provide that much needed motivation.
Due to the current situation, we have had to impose social distancing measures into all our sessions:
- You must book and pay for each session online in advance.
- We have restricted the session size to 11 participants and 1 coach
- On arrival, you will need to check in for the session at the Sports Centre reception. You may have to queue outside the Sports Centre before checking in
- Please wear a mask or face covering as you enter reception
- Once checked in, meet the coach outside the Sports Centre and maintain social distancing at all times during the session
- Please arrive ready for your session. Our locker and changing facilities are currently unavailable
If you’re interested in any of the running groups, check out our running groups blog item for session days and times.