We are pleased to announce that the Kent Sport Physiotherapy Clinic will be open for face-to-face appointments from Monday 17 August.
Please be aware, there are a few changes that have needed to be implemented for the safety of our staff and clients. We appreciate everyone’s understanding and patience with the need for these changes.
When you book for treatment at Kent Sport Physiotherapy Clinic, we will send you a detailed email with further instructions prior to your appointment. Below are guidelines to better manage expectations when visiting our facilities.
Is it safe to visit the clinic and Kent Sport?
Staff have been working tirelessly behind the scenes to ensure the facilities are compliant with not only Government policy, but also University policy in relation to Covid-19.
A risk assessment has been completed on the facilities, activities, staff and also the physiotherapy clinic and all therapists understand this.
We will use PPE to treat you and we take your safety extremely seriously.
For all patients, including those shielding/vulnerable patients, we will complete an online consultation first to decide whether a face-to-face appointment is appropriate and necessary, which is another layer of precaution to ensure your safety is fully considered.
Entering Kent Sport and onwards to the Kent Sport Physiotherapy Clinic
To adhere to distancing measures, entrance to the Sports Centre will be staggered to help Kent Sport support all customers. Appointment times will be slightly different to ensure patients arrive and leave the clinic at different times and allow time between appointments to thoroughly clean. We will still be offering online consultations indefinitely if you would prefer this method.
How do I book and pay for my appointments?
Bookings are now open! To book an appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you within 24 hours. At this time, we are unable to take telephone calls. You will be able to pay on the day at main reception, but as we are now contactless, we will only be able to take card.
Please bring with you means to record your next appointment as we are reducing contact and not issuing appointment cards.
For more information about pricing, please visit the Kent Sport physio website.
How will my clinic experience differ?
You will be asked to complete forms electronically prior to the appointment. They are editable and do not require access to a printer. Once completed, please return to: email@example.com. If this is not possible, the physiotherapist can complete with you during the session.
Prior to your appointment, you will receive an email explaining what to expect and the main changes include:
- Please do not arrive more than five minutes before your appointment time and please wait outside the Sports Centre. Your therapists will come and greet you.
- A face mask will be provided and all clients must wear one. Unfortunately, no mask means that we are unable to treat you.
- You will be asked to attend your appointment alone, unless you are under 16 or have a reason for bringing someone along. This must be discussed in advance of the appointment.
- Please wear your treatment attire (vest top and shorts) under your clothes as our changing rooms will not be open at this time. You may change into your attire in the treatment room while the physiotherapist waits outside, if you wish.
- Parking is available in the Pay and Display zone behind the Sports Centre. Cash is not accepted, so you will need to pay by either contactless or pay-by-phone.
- You will be asked to wash your hands thoroughly before entering the treatment area, and again before leaving the clinic.
- Please be aware that your physiotherapist will be wearing the appropriate PPE to treat you.
- All physiotherapy appointments will be 45-minutes regardless if it is initial or a review.
- Massage appointments will be 30-minutes in length. If you would like 60-minutes, please ask and we can look to accommodate this.
We greatly appreciate everyone’s cooperation during these uncertain times and look forward to welcoming you to our facilities. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org.