Entries for the Times Higher Education Awards 2020 are now open.
Entries are invited from UK higher education institutions across 19 categories, which will be shortlisted and judged by an expert panel. This year’s categories are listed below and, unless otherwise stated in the specific subject criteria, the judges will be looking for outstanding examples of best practice during the 2018-19 academic year.
- THE Outstanding Achievement Award
- Business School of the Year
- Widening Participation or Outreach Initiative of the Year
- Knowledge Exchange/Transfer Initiative of the Year
- Research Project of the Year: Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences
- Research Project of the Year: STEM
- Outstanding Research Supervisor of the Year
- Technological or Digital Innovation of the Year
- Outstanding Contribution to the Local Community
- Outstanding Support for Students
- Outstanding Entrepreneurial University
- Outstanding Library Team
- Outstanding Estates Strategy
- Outstanding Marketing/Communications Team
- Most Innovative Teacher of the Year
- International Collaboration of the Year
- Outstanding Contribution to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Outstanding Technician of the Year
- University of the Year
Winners will be announced at a prestigious awards ceremony at the Grosvenor House Hotel, London on 26 November.
Corporate Communications will once again be co-ordinating Kent’s award entries this year and is happy to support schools/departments with their submissions. Please email Corporate Communications by Friday 22 May if you know of a potential entry – deadline for all completed entries is Wednesday 10 June.
Further information on the awards is available on the THE Awards 2020 website.
Picture shows: Kent’s Outstanding Library Team at the THE Awards 2019