How to get support from other parties while self isolating

As well as help and support within the University and the Student Unions, there is a lot of external support for students regarding health issues and wellbeing.

NHS 111

This is the NHS urgent help advice line. It’s fast, easy and free. Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency.

Medical Centres

For contact with your GP or a nurse practitioner, contact the surgery you are registered with.


Samaritans is a registered charity aimed at providing emotional support to anyone in emotional distress, struggling to cope, or at risk of suicide throughout the United Kingdom and Ireland, often through their telephone helpline. Please call 116 123, which is free to call, or you can email them at

Big White Wall

Wherever you are located, you can access free, 24/7 online support for issues around mental health and wellbeing. The Big White Wall (BWW) is a Care Quality Commission registered service recognised nationally through awards by the NHS and is a safe environment overseen by qualified therapists called Wall Guides.

Kent students have free access to BWW. In order to gain access to this service click on the BWW link using your Kent email address to gain access only. As part of the registration process, do not use your KENT account password for this service, instead please use the following code: KENT1. Note, you may, upon completion of the registration process change your contact email address to a non-Kent email account. Big White Wall take privacy very seriously, so please read their privacy policy for more information.

How to access Big White Wall

Please use the following code: KENT1