In light of the University’s financial situation and the need to make significant savings in our staffing costs this year, we will be reopening the Kent Voluntary Severance Scheme from 9 March – 24 April.
This Phase Two of the scheme will only be open to specific groups of staff, including those in areas where we know that savings will need to be made. The full Scheme details are available on the HR website, including more detailed information and FAQs. Any staff put at risk of redundancy as a result of subsequent changes under Organising for Success in June 2020 will have a further opportunity to apply for KVSS at that stage.
We recently held a series of briefing sessions with managers so that they can answer any questions you may have regarding the Scheme. There will also be a series of drop-in sessions for staff where you will be able to discuss this directly with an HR representative – these are divided into hourly slots, and you can just turn up to whichever one suits you:
- Tuesday 10 March – 14.00, 15.00, and 16.00 in Keynes Seminar Room 2
- Thursday 12 March – 12.00, 13.00 and 14.00 in Keynes Seminar Room 1
- Wednesday 18 March – 14.00, 15.00 and 16.00 in Grimond Seminar Room 1
- Friday 20 March – 10.30, 11.30 and 12.30 in Kennedy Seminar Room 9
- Tuesday 24 March – 9.30, 10.30 and 11.30 in Darwin Seminar Room 14
- Thursday 26 March – 13.00, 14.00 and 15.00 in Keynes Seminar Room 20
- Wednesday 1 April – 11.00, 12.00 and 13.00, venue TBC
- Friday 3 April – 10.00, 11.00 and 12.00, venue TBC
More details on both the scheme and support available to staff will follow in further communications ahead of the Scheme opening on Monday.