We are pleased to invite you to a one-and-a-half day conference at the University called Brain, Cognition, Emotions, and Music (BCEM) — The Quartet With a Missing Link.
When: 20 – 21 May 2020
Where: Canterbury Campus
The purpose of the conference is to bring together evidence from psychology and neuroscience (broadly defined), to clarify how it is that music can convey and induce emotions so powerfully. We have a fantastic group of invited speakers:
– Prof David Huron, The Ohio State University, USA
– Prof Stefan Koelsch, University of Bergen, Norway
– Prof Joydeep Bhattacharya, Goldsmiths University of London, UK
– Prof Andrea Halpern, Bucknell University, USA
– Dr Marcus Pearce, Queen Mary University of London, UK
Both short talks and posters are encouraged and there is no registration fee.
For more information please visit the the BCEM website
Deadlines for submission are February 29 for oral presentations and March 31 for posters.
Please contact Amir-Homayoun Javadi at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Hope to see you there!