The Universities at Medway have been awarded a further significant donation to The Medway Student Support Bursary.
This donation will provide bursaries to home (UK/EU) students from Canterbury Christ Church University, University of Greenwich and the University of Kent each year. This is an excellent opportunity to apply for additional funding and the selected recipients will receive a bursary of either £2,500 (Autumn applications) or £1,250 (Spring applications).
To be eligible you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a home student (UK/EU)
- Be currently registered full or part-time on an undergraduate degree programme based at the Medway Campus
- Demonstrate a household income of £42,875 or less
Application form can be found below:
To be considered you must submit a 350-500 word statement explaining your financial circumstances, what you intend to do with the award, and your future aspirations. You may also want to include some extracurricular activities or work you might have done e.g. voluntary work.
This award is for those struggling financially and is intended only for the student’s use and not for family support.
If successful, you would be required to:
- Write a thank you letter to the donors explaining how the Bursary will be used to support you before being awarded your first payment
- Before the second payment, you will need to submit a report outlining how the Bursary has supported you and impacted your studies by 1st March 2020 (Autumn applications) and 24 May 2020 (Spring applications)
- Sign a Bursary Agreement which sets out the conditions of the bursary award
Successful recipients will be able to hold other awards whilst in receipt of the Medway Student Support Bursary such as the NSP and may reapply for a further bursary in subsequent years.
Students out on a placement year are not eligible for that year, but may apply once academic studies are resumed.
All applications confirmed as meeting the eligibility criteria will be taken forward. The bursary recipient(s) will be chosen by the Medway Student Support Bursary Board which will meet in early December (Autumn applications) and early March (Spring applications) and all applicants will be advised of the outcome shortly afterwards.
Your completed application along with all required evidence can be scanned and emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or a paper application can be submitted to M2-25 (Medway Building 2nd Floor).
Deadline: 12 noon on the 8 November 2019 (Autumn applications) and 7 February 2019 (Spring applications).