Welcome back! If you’re returning to Kent after the summer break, here’s a helpful summary for settling back in.
Timetables will be on the Student Guide before term starts on the 23 September 2019.
- Lectures for all modules and stage 2 & 3 module group allocations will be released on Monday 9 September 2019.
- For Stage 0 & 1 modules, group allocations will be finalised by Friday 20 September 2019.
- You must be registered on your modules for your personal timetable to show. Continue to go back and check your timetable regularly for updates including other events. Read our Timetabling FAQs.
You will need to register on SDS from Tuesday 17 September 2019 so we know you’re definitely coming back. You don’t need to register in person or attend arrivals weekend. This is for new students. Please pay any outstanding fees to the University so you can register and delays are avoided. To ensure swift payment of your student loan, you are advised to re-register by Wednesday 18 September 2019. It takes 3-5 working days from the point of registration for funds to be released to your account. Read more.
Term starts on Monday 23 September 2019. Welcome Week is the week before (16-20 September). View term dates
If you’ve got a new phone, tablet or laptop, get it Kent WiFi-ready before you come back to campus by running our WiFi setup tool. For friends or family visiting campus, WiFi Guest is available for those who don’t have a Kent IT Account, an eduroam account or govroam account.
Living off campus is very different from living in University accommodation. Read our community webpages for information on bills, bins, neighbours and much more!
New developments include:
- The new Kent and Medway Medical School – with their first students starting in September 2020.
- The Mandela Building is becoming the new home of Jobshop, the Full Time Officers, the Advice Centre, sports, societies and volunteering. Mandela will also have a small study/social space, a student kitchen, student toilet facilities and union offices.
- The School of Economics has moved to the Kennedy Building, which is located between the Sports Centre, Jennison and opposite Sibson. The Kennedy building provides more dedicated social and meeting spaces for students and staff. There are also 11 new central teaching rooms in the building including an IT suite.
- Over at the Pavilion in Parkwood, Kent Sport is working on a brand new indoor tennis and events area open to members.
Have a great 2019-20 at Kent!