The University of Kent Players would like to invite you to audition for Bothered and Bewildered, which will be performed in September at the Gulbenkian.
Synopsis of the Play
Bothered and Bewildered is a comic drama that follows Irene and her daughters, Louise and Beth. As her family struggle to come to terms with her Alzheimer’s, Irene’s past passion for romantic fiction blurs with reality. She discusses with her unseen and witty companion Barbara Cartland (Irene’s favourite and now deceased world famous romantic novelist) long kept secrets that she would never reveal to anyone else.
Auditions will include some warm-ups, team games and group readings from the script.
When: 5.30pm 14th May and/or 5.30pm 16th May
Where: Woolf Seminar Room 1
There will be a pre-audition script reading social on Tuesday 7th May at 5.30pm in Woolf Seminar Room 1.
5th – 7th of September
There will be technical and dress rehearsals on 2nd – 4th September.
Rehearsals will be held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 5.30pm – 7.30pm. Some characters will not be needed for every rehearsal. All rehearsals will be at the Canterbury Campus and a draft rehearsal schedule can be viewed here.
- Irene (f) – Main character, struggling to cope with her Alzheimer’s
- Barbara (f) – Irene’s favourite and now deceased world famous romantic novelist
- Louise (f) – One of Irene’s daughters
- Beth (f) – One of Irene’s daughters
- Consultant (m/f)
- James/Jim (m) – ‘James’ and ‘Jim’ must be played by the same actor
- Young Irene/Shelly (f) – ‘Young Irene’ and ‘Shelley’ must be played by the same actress
- Policeman (m) – Small role at the end of Act one
Come to auditions or email us (email@example.com) if you are interested in auditioning or helping backstage.