This winter vacation, the Templeman Library, Canterbury campus will be open for a few extra days during the University’s Christmas closure period.
- Friday 14 December (end of Autumn Term): library closes at 23:00
- Saturday 15 – Friday 21 December: 08:00 – 19:00
- Saturday 22 – Wednesday 26 December: closed
- Thursday 27 – Monday 31 December: 11:00 – 19:00
- Tuesday 1 January: closed
- Wednesday 2 January – Sunday 13 January: 08:00 – 19:00
- Monday 14 January (start of Spring Term): library opens at 08:00 and stays open 24 hours
You don’t need to renew or return any books, including document deliveries, from Saturday 22 December to Wednesday 2 January inclusive.
Books you have on loan can still be reserved, so before you go return any books you don’t need. You could also check LibrarySearch to see if there’s an e-book version of any books you need, so you don’t have to borrow them.
While you’re away:
- books will automatically renew, unless they’re reserved
- check your student email and Library account, in case someone reserves a book on loan to you
- return books when someone reserves them
- books can be reserved at short notice and the fine for overdue items is £2 per day
- if you can’t return a book in person, you can send it to us by post
When the library is closed you can return your items at the drop box near the Library Road entrance.
If you can’t get a book back to us in time or are concerned about fines, get in touch as soon as possible. Our staff will do their best to resolve your problem:
- in person: IT & Library Support Desk, Block C, Floor 1, Templeman Library
- phone: 01227 82 4999
- email: email@example.com
Document delivery items
Any document delivery books that automatically renew on 15 December or after will be due on Thursday 3 January 2018.
If your document delivery book reaches its final due date before Christmas, please return it by the end of Wednesday 19 December if you can, so we can return it to the lending institution.
Winter Vacation at Canterbury Campus
Discover festive events in the local area, including pantomimes, carol services and Christmas markets. Find out about Winter at Kent.
Using other libraries
Away from campus for the Christmas vacation? You can use other academic libraries around the UK and Ireland by registering for SCONUL Access.