From the start of the 2018/19 academic year, we are trialling the use of KentOne card scanners to register your attendance at some of our larger lecture theatres on the Canterbury Campus. Watch the video to find out more.
Is my school part of the trial?
If you belong to one of the following schools you will be able to scan your card to register your attendance at certain lectures:
– School of Mathematics, Statistics and Actuarial Science
– Kent Business School
– Kent Law School
– School of Computing
– School of Economics
– School of Physical Sciences
– School of Psychology
Which lecture theatres are part of the trial?
– Woolf Lecture Theatre (W-LT)
– Rutherford Lecture Theatre 1 (RLT1)
– Marlowe Lecture Theatre 1 (MarLT1)
– Keynes Lecture Theatre 1 (KLT1)
– Cornwallis Lecture Theatre 2 (COLT2)
– Woolf seminar rooms 1-6 (W1 – SR 1 to SR 6)
We are only trialling the card scanners in larger lecture theatres initially to check the system works effectively.
What are the benefits?
This new system will do away with paper registers and improve attendance monitoring. This will not only save time and costs but improve reliability and the overall student experience.
Feedback and questions
If you have any feedback or questions during this trial, which you would like to be included in the future development of this system, you can let us know by contacting the project team.