£150K of funding is available to departments wishing to develop new academic programmes to underpin higher or degree apprenticeships. Funding can be used to support activity such as employing new staff or developing learning materials.
Currently Kent has over 140 apprentices and offers the following apprenticeships:
• Laboratory Science underpinned by FdSc/BSc Applied Bioscience, FdSc/BSc Applied Chemical Sciences
• Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship underpinned by BSc Management.
Funding is offered by the Centre for Higher and Degree Apprenticeships (CHDA) a PSD established to support the delivery of apprenticeships. CHDA handles student administration and recruitment for apprenticeship programmes, allowing departments to focus on the delivery of the underpinning degree.
Funding proposals should identify an apprenticeship that will be supported by the development of a new academic programme. The full list of apprenticeship standards available for delivery, as well as those in development is available here.
We will accept proposals for funding to develop both standards approved for delivery and those still under development. We are focusing on developing provision at levels 6 and 7 only and applications should be to support apprenticeships at these levels.
Examples of apprenticeships applications may align to:
• Advanced Clinical Practitioner (L7)
• Animator (L7)
• Bioinformatics Scientist (L7)
• Creative Digital Designer (L4-6)
• Ecologist (L7)
• Internet of Things (L7)
• Journalist (L4-6)
• And many more….
Applications should be in the form of an e-mail (endorsed by head of department) detailing:
• The apprenticeship and academic qualification for which funds are sought.
• The intended activity/activities to be funded.
• Expected launch date of apprenticeship programme.
• Amount of funding requested.
Deadline for applications is 6th April 2018 to email@example.com. Applications will be considered by the CHDA Steering Group and decisions endorsed by Faculty Deans. All funds must be spent in academic year 2018/19.