Following on from last year’s fantastic line-up of pubTALKs, Kent’s Q-Step centre are very pleased to announce our 2017/18 pubTALK series:
- Monday 2nd October, Inside-Out: the prison exchange programme, Dr Caroline Chatwin
- Monday 6th November, Mind The Gap: Does voluntary action in education exacerbate inequality?, Dr Eddy Hogg
- Monday 4th December, Home and Sexuality: the ‘Other’ Side of the Kitchen, Dr Rachael Scicluna
- Monday 5th February, Thumbs up! The evolution of our hands, Dr Tracy Kivell
- Monday 5th March, The social life of a teenage brain, Dr Heather Ferguson
- Monday 9th April, Living Differently: the Cultural Spaces of the Left, Dr David Nettleingham
- 14th to 16th May, Pint of Science Festival
As usual, pubTALKs will be held on the first (working) Monday of each month in the upstairs function room at The Jolly Sailor, Canterbury. Doors open at 7pm for a 7.30pm start and entry is free of charge. Anyone is welcome and everyone is encouraged to stay behind after the talks to continue the discussions for a drink or two!
Please feel free to invite colleagues and friends – all are welcome. You can also get up to date information via our website or mailing list.
We’re looking forward to seeing you there.
The Q-Step team
[Picture: 7-14 Canterbury by David Casteel. CC BY-NC-ND 2.0]