In 2016-17, the generosity of our alumni, staff, former staff and friends saw over £800,000 raised to support University of Kent students.
Gifts received in 2016-17 support a wide range of projects and initiatives across the University, including:
• The award of two Alumni Postgraduate Research Scholarships to enable two talented Kent graduates to undertake PhD study;
• 50 bursaries for students experiencing financial hardship;
• Opportunities for students to organise or participate in projects which enhance their employability;
• The continuation of the prestigious University Music Scholarship scheme;
• The launch of the new First 500 Scholarship, being awarded for the first time in 2017
• Support for students and academics seeking refuge from uncertainty, conflict or persecution;
• An array of prizes to celebrate academic achievement and participation in school life;
• Kent Union’s Access to Activities Fund;
• The launch of a new crowdfunding platform which will provide increased fundraising opportunities for student-led initiatives.
Donations to Kent in 2016-17 came from almost 1,300 donors, over 1,000 of whom are Kent alumni. Last year, a number of alumni and friends chose to remember the University with a gift in their will. As well as individuals, Kent receives philanthropic support from approximately 50 corporate organisations and charitable trusts.
Our fantastic community of alumni, staff and friends lend their generous support to today’s students. By sponsoring a brick in the Footsteps path, making a gift during our telephone campaigns or joining us for one of our In Conversation events, each donation makes a difference to our students.
Find out more about how your support makes a difference at www.kent.ac.uk/giving
Photo caption: Maricela Santiago Torres, MA Modern French Studies, was awarded a scholarship supported by Santander Universities.