LGBT History Month 2017 starts on Wednesday (1 February)!
The LGBT+ Staff Network, in association with Student Services, Kent Union and the LGBT+ Student Society, have organised a number of events and activities to celebrate the LGBT community at Kent. All events are open to all and guests are welcome.
Some of the highlights:
- Friday 3 February: Screening of ‘The Pass’, followed by a post-screening discussion at the Gulbenkian
- Tuesday 7 February: LGBT+ Staff Network Lunch, Medway campus
- 13-20 February: LGBTQ Writers’ Week, in association with the Centre for Gender, Sexuality and Writing. Various events held
- Friday 17 February: LGBT+ Staff Network social, Canterbury campus
- Wednesday 22 February: Researching the Rainbow Conference, with a variety of speakers from different research disciplines
- Rainbow badges will be available (for donations to Stonewall) at a number of locations around the Canterbury campus
- The Rainbow flag will be flying over each college on the Canterbury campus and at the Medway campus
- Rainbow cupcakes will be available at the Gulbenkian Café Bar
- Kent’s Varsity team will be wearing rainbow laces to support their LGBTQ team-mates
Further information on all events, including those organised by the LGBT+ Student Society and the staff network at CCCU, is available on the (newly re-designed) Staff Network blog.
Happy History Month!