Library opening times
The Templeman Library closes at 17:00 on Wednesday 21 December and reopens at 08:00 on Wednesday 4 January.
All other study hubs are closed from 22 December – 3 January inclusive.
You don’t need to renew or return any books from Thursday 22 December to Tuesday 3 January inclusive.
Otherwise, borrowing continues as normal, so that books remain accessible to everyone who needs them. Make sure you’re prepared so you don’t get a fine over the vacation!
Before you go away:
- Return any books you don’t need.
- Check LibrarySearch to see if there’s an e-book version of any book you do need instead.
- If you have a book with a short loan period (such as a 3 Day Loan), check if it’s available as a longer loan item and borrow that instead.
While you’re away:
- Check your Library account over the vacation.
- Renew books from Wednesday 4 January onwards.
- Return books when they are due or someone recalls them from you.
If you can’t get a book back to us in time or are concerned about fines, get in touch as soon as possible. The friendly Loan Desk staff will do their best to resolve your problem:
- in person: Ground Floor West, Templeman Library
- phone: 01227 82 3572
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Using other libraries
Away from campus for the Christmas vacation? You can use other academic libraries around the UK and Ireland by registering for SCONUL Access.
Check the International Students website for a list of all services available on campus during the Winter Vacation.