Each year the University selects a team of students, to compete at the Virginia Tech University in the USA along with students from other universities from around the world.
The University represents the UK to compete in this prestigious competition with other countries including Ecuador, France and Australia. Students pitch their business ideas with the chance to win $25,000 and the title of ‘Global Entrepreneurship Champion’.
The University’s entry this year is eLog, the business idea of students Cesare Dunker and Rayyan Sorefan. eLog is an app that allows users to track their journey through photo-recognition, geo-tagging and time mapping. eLog seeks to provide an inter-county service, which directly pinpoints people’s location, and directly aids the processing of migrants by governments departments.
Cesare and Rayyan put forward a business idea for the University of Kent Big Ideas Competition, run as part of HIVE, the University’s Hub for Innovation and Enterprise. The duo were selected to receive comprehensive mentoring to prepare for the Global Entrepreneurship Champion Competition and free workspace at the University’s business incubator.
Other countries participating in the Competition are:
- Alexandria University, Egypt
- Ghent University, Belgium
- King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi (KMUTT), Thailand
- Pontificia Universidad Catalica de Chile, Chile
- Tecnologico de Monterrey, Mexico
- Universidad San Francisco de Quito, Ecuador
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Malaysia
- University of Kent, UK
- University of Technology, Jamaica, Jamaica
- University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
- University of Trento, Italy
- Vienna University of Technology, Austria
- Virginia Tech, America
- ZHAW Zurich University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland
The team will be presenting their business idea at 16.00 (GMT) on August 18 2016. To support our student entry and watch live, follow this link: http://www.vtkwglobal.com/video/challenge
Follow eLog at: https://www.facebook.com/eLogUK/ or https://twitter.com/eloguk