European Innovation Academy for students

Two Kent students have been selected to take part in the European Innovation Academy (EIA) this Summer. The EIA, taking place in Nice, France, in July, is a 15-day programme of entrepreneurship education which gives ‘every participant the opportunity to be immersed in the extreme international start-up environment’.

Brenda Okandju’s and Mate Tukacs’ selection follows recent success as finalists of the KBS Business Start-Up Journey, where they both successfully pitched to a panel of entrepreneurs and Business School Directors, winning financial support prizes for their respective start-up ideas.

The students said;
KBS student, Brenda (Business Development Manager, Luxsri):
“I’m looking forward to this opportunity that BSUJ is allowing me to encounter; As a finalist of the BSUJ, this is a great chance to network with like-minded people and be in the midst of technical experts from the famous technology cluster – Silicon Valley. This is an incredible opportunity that I cannot take for granted! Thank you BSUJ, I’m excited.”

School of Computing student, Mate (CEO, Playlate.com):
“I’m thrilled to be given the opportunity to attend the European Innovation Academy as part of my prize for being a finalist on the Business Start-Up Journey. It is the perfect chance to develop my business and acquire important contacts from all over the world.”