A fantastic opportunity has arisen to offer three to four postgraduate students the chance to accompany a University donor to Cuba, experiencing the life and culture of this vibrant Caribbean island between Friday 15 April and Thursday 5 May 2016.
The visit will encompass a series of cultural activities in Cuba including visits to Havana and the nearby village of Viñales.
Accommodation for the group will partly be located at the donor’s residence and other accommodation equivalent to Bed and Breakfast facilities.
The award will include flights to Cuba and a small maintenance grant towards accommodation and subsistence whilst in Cuba. The amount of the grant will be dependent upon the number of awardees and successful candidates should be prepared to fund other associated expenses.
- Candidates must be a registered postgraduate student either on a research or taught programme of study.
- Applicants must be of good academic standing.
- UK, EU and overseas fee paying students are invited to apply.
- Candidates from both full-time and part-time courses are eligible to apply.
- Students will be required to make appropriate visa arrangements and cover related payments.
- The ability to speak Spanish will be advantageous.
How to apply
- Candidates must submit a CV and a covering letter addressing why a trip to Cuba would enhance their academic career and professional aspiration to email@example.com by midnight on 3 February 2016.
- Applicants must be able to attend an interview panel on the afternoon of Monday 12 February 2016.
Details of the scholarship can be found here: http://www.kent.ac.uk/scholarships/postgraduate/Cuba_Scholarship.html
Further details of the trip can be obtained by emailing K.Bampton@kent.ac.uk.
Title: Playa Ancon, Trinidad de Cuba