Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent
Second Line Support
Business Function:Technical Services
Reports to: Technical Services Director
Location: Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent
Terms: Permanent, Full Time – 4 vacancies
A BIT ABOUT US
Here at Trooli, we’re on a mission to banish buffering, vanish video call embarrassment and clear up those “up to” speed claims that give broadband a bad name.
How? By providing our new, guaranteed, ultrafast, full fibre broadband speeds to as many communities as possible across Kent, East Sussex and beyond.
We’ve already got the great network, now we need more great people to take us even further.
Think you can help? Here’s why you should get in touch …
–We’re passionate about growth. We’ve come a long way in 2 years, from nothing to 50,000+ premises passed, 10 staff to over 100 and are now one of the most respected altnetsin the industry –and that’s just the start. But it’s not just our network, we’re passionate about ensuring our employees grow with us too.
–We’re passionate about our people. At the heart of our culture is a belief that a company should be much more than politics and processes. That doesn’t mean these don’t exist, but it does mean that our people are the most important part of our business, that life here is that bit more fun and our high staff retention rates are something we’re rightly proud of.
–We’re passionate about our customers –wouldn’t it be nice for a broadband network to be independent of Openreach and have complete control of where it builds and the experience our customers receive? Well, that’s exactly what Trooli is and with an Excellent Trustpilot rating from our customers, it’s clear we’re doing something right!
Still interested? Read on…
We’re a small company with a very exciting future. This opening provides an exceptional opportunity for an experienced and talented Network Engineer. Assisting with the design and implementation and testing of equipment for our network and operating as a lead and key escalation point for our junior network engineers.
THE DAY JOB
- Deliver proactive network monitoring and implement corrective action to ensure optimal network performance.
- Develop, document, communicate, and deliver the policies for standardising network and software, as necessary.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and sponsor the introduction of system changes to improve efficiency.
- Work with our current and new equipment partners to deliver our programme of continual innovative development -testing and validating new ideas and equipment.
- Provide effective and resourceful management of the escalation process.
- The ongoing support will require you to: Respond to fault escalations from both the Network and Service Operations Centres, Escalate incidents to third line support in a timely manner to expedite fault resolution where no clear path to resolution is apparent.
- Installation and commissioning of all equipment and cabling within PoPsites except for DC power
WE’D LIKE TO SPEAK TO YOU IF…
You will have at least 2 years’ experience gained ideally within the telecoms industry or a relevant qualification. You will understand installing, configuring and supporting network equipment. You will be able to perform a broad range of technically challenging tasks across complex networks.
WE’ll LOVE YOU IF…
- Excellent analytical, fault diagnosis and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge and experience of escalation process.
- Exceptional communicator: you will be diplomatic when the need arises, whilst having the confidence to remain assertive and deliver clear instructions.
- Knowledge and experience of Cisco or Juniper systems would be advantageous.
- Integrity: be transparent and honest with our customers and with each other.
- Passion: be excited about what we do.
- Develop: invest in each individual.
- Continual improvement: work smarter, not harder.
- Proactive: take responsibility.
- Teamwork: support and collaboration.
- Quality: we do what we do well.
IN RETURN, YOU”LL GET
- 25 days paid holiday, plus bank holidays
- Generous life insurance policy
- Company sick pay after qualifying period
- Career progression
- Free parking
- Friendly working environment
- Company laptop
- Employee referral scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- COVID secure and risk assessed employer
If you think you are the person we are looking for, please send your CV and cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org