Virtual Work experience for first year computing students
Full time, aprox 40 hours, one week starting 5 July
Expedia, one of the world’s largest travel technology companies, is hosting a comprehensive Careers Development Program for first year computer science students.
The Program brings together over 200 young people from around the world to develop insights into what Expedia does globally, hear from current graduates and interns and understand how you can develop your career in tech. The one week, all immersive program will develop your tech, marketing and communications skills.
There are only 20 places allocated to UK undergraduates so apply here now.
About Expedia Group
We believe travel is a force for good. Our brands help us strengthen connections, broaden horizons and bridge divides. We are among the largest technology companies in the world, and our work is solely dedicated to one of the most socially and economically important activities on the planet – travel.
About the Placement
This program is open to first-year computer science students with an interest in a career in tech.
At Expedia Group, we want to help students to learn more about what a career in technology has to offer.
By joining our exciting new Expedia Career Discovery Program, not only will you learn about the career paths students follow in the tech sector by engaging directly with our interns and grads, you’ll also be paired with a mentor to help you discover potential career opportunities.
The Expedia Career Discovery Program provides students with access to learn new tech skills & career development as well as build meaningful connections for students with Expedia Group (EG).
Skills you will gain
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Communication skills
- Brand Building
- Tech Insight
- Mentorship – Get connected with our great Expedia Group Mentors
- Career Essentials – Get tips on building your personal brand & how to develop effective professional communication skills
- Expedia Group (EG) Essentials – Get insight into Inclusion & Diversity at EG and learn more about our Intern & Graduate Programs
- Travel Tech Presentations – Learn about how we use tech to power global travel for everyone everywhere
- Job Hunting Enrichment – Discover how to prepare for a career search
- Intern panels – Join our interns to learn more about their experiences
- Coding Questions Demystified – Our experts will share sought after answers to common coding questions