Gousto Tech Talent Academy
You might have noticed that Gousto has grown tremendously and the efforts of our tech team really helped pave the way! Alongside that growth we are now looking to welcome a group of curious Interns for this summer, who are keen for a taste in the world or Tech with Gousto – pun intended 🙂
You will be getting real, hands-on experience, working shoulder to shoulder with software engineers that have to continuously problem-solve, deeply understand our customers, scale our product and elevate our tech platform to the next level.
To make your internship and experience more tailored and meaningful, we’d aim for a great match between your background, interests and the various teams and projects available internally. This can range (but is not limited) to working in:
- a full stack team on our e-commerce platform (iOS, Web, Android or Node/Python BE) to implement new and improved customer experiences
- part of our supply chain where technology is key to ensuring we achieve our huge growth ambitions in 2021
- Teams implementing changes to our core product proposition and enable Gousto to head towards almost infinite choice on it’s menu each week
- our iOS and Frontend foundations teams where Interns will support with delivering platform changes.
At Gousto we also fundamentally care about helping people develop their careers and themselves in an environment that ensures they can thrive. As an intern, you will be part of our GoustoTech Talent Academy. This is our home for juniors who join, offering a focus on how we set you up for success from a skills, support and career path perspective.
Throughout your internship journey, you will have a helpful team available to support you along the way. We have a buddying system from day one to help you settle in, backed up by mentoring, structured learning pathways and feedback cycles in your team, to ensure that you have every opportunity to learn and become a great software engineer.
- The internship duration is 12 weeks but some flexibility may be available
- This is a paid internship with pro-rated holiday entitlement.
- An academic technical background is not a requirement. Instead, we will test for a good foundation of technical knowledge and skills as part of our hiring process for early career applicants. As such, we will accept qualifying candidates coming from Bootcamps or who learned to code themselves.
If you have at least some comprehension of the following, we encourage you to back yourself and let us decide if your skills are ready rather than doubting yourself as you look through this list:
- Eagerness to develop yourself and your skills quickly through pairing with senior engineers and self-study, most of all a growth mindset.
- The ability to produce well-structured, maintainable and testable code
- Knowledge of database-focused applications (SQL, noSQL)
- Knowledge of popular development tools (Git, Bash/Powershell etc.)
- Familiarity with event based systems
- Experience or interest working in an agile, highly-concerted team environment
- Familiarity with AWS technologies
- Enjoy working in a large distributed team with a complex domain
Assessment Centres will be week commencing 17 May so apply before 14 May. Don’t delay!