Learn how to design your own video game. Join the first ever FDM Game Jam taking place 26th April – 2nd May
Take part in the first ever FDM Game Jam, launching on 25 April. The Game Jam is suitable for complete beginners and there is no coding involved.
FDM’s first ever Game Jam is beginner-friendly and coding-free competition, open to all students, regardless of their educational background or technical experience. To sign up to for the Game Jam participants must fill in the form on our website: https://www.fdmgroup.com/game-jam/
We will be hosting two webinars to introduce participants to the gaming software and walk them through the steps of creating their own game. This is a perfect opportunity for them to learn new technical skills and use their creativity, so spread the word amongst your students and encourage them to attend.
- Session 1 – Get to Know the Basics: 26th April @ GMT 4pm
In this first session, we will introduce attendees to the game making software and its basic functionality. They will learn to design and explore a basic game scene and focus on creating simple game objects.
Sign up here.
- Session 2 – Making a Game from Scratch: 27th April @ GMT 4pm
In the second session we will progress to more advanced features and demonstrate how to design the game environment and populate it with mechanics and behaviours. The final preparations for the Game Jam will focus on adding screen text and sound, creating opening and closing cut scenes and building the game as a standalone application.
Sign up here.
Game Jam Prizes
Three of you will have the chance to win some cool prizes:
- 1st Place: one-week free virtual course through the FDM Academy – the winner can choose and participate in one of our classes: Business Analysis, SQL, HTML/CSS, Python, Java, Cloud and other exciting subjects. The winner will also get a one-to-one feedback session on their game.
- 2nd Place: one-to-one session on career development, interview skills and CV writing with an FDM recruiter and a virtual meeting with one of FDM’s directors.
- 3rd Place: one-to-one session on career development, interview skills and CV writing with an FDM recruiter.
Join us in this Game Jam and have fun while engineering your very own game!