Are you looking for your first step into into the industry with an international company that values wellbeing, flexible working and growth culture? Helvar are based in Dartford and are expanding so have a couple of Graduate opportunities.
Graduate Embedded Software Engineer – Helvar, Dartford, Kent – deadline 21 May 2021
Graduate Junior Test Automation Engineer – Helvar, Dartford Kent – deadline 6 May 2021
Graduate Embedded Software Engineer
Main purpose of the role
The development of embedded software for products and systems used as intelligent edge devices in lighting control applications. This will cover specification, architecture, structured design, implementation, and test. It will involve the development of bare metal programming on modern micro-controller’s, with constrained resources and real-time inter-action with electronics hardware.
Key areas of responsibility and key actions
- Work with the team to break down epics to stories and sub-tasks and provide time estimates
- Design, implementation, and test of embedded software modules
- Show progression on assigned tasks through demonstration
- Ensure software is stored and maintained under source code control
- Documentation of design
- Participation in peer design / code reviews
- Implementation of unit tests
Core competences, knowledge and skills required
- Engineering degree in Electronics and/or Software
- Programming experience in C/ C++ on embedded target
- Use of scripting languages such as Python or Bash would be beneficial
- Use of test equipment e.g. Oscilloscope
- Good problem solving with strong and rational approach to debugging
- Understanding or use of GitHub
- Knowledge of modern software methodologies such as Agile
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Shows passion for their subject and a desire to deliver on-time with high quality
- Needs to work well in a multi-national team
About our team
Our mission in Product Creation in Lighting Intelligence is to be a forerunner in lighting industry and we are constantly enhancing our capabilities in designing. Operational Excellence will contribute with thought leadership, teamwork and problem solving that results in continuous improvement throughout the organization by focusing on the needs of the customer, discipline in execution, and streamlining existing activities in the process to create value.
Apply to join our team of talented and innovative experts!
Scroll down to bottom of page to apply.