Are you looking for some work experience? This flexible part-time role could be done alongside your degree.
Tuition Extra (Kent) Ltd are currently seeking an experienced Computer Studies/IT Tutor to join their busy yet rewarding private tuition company in Kent.
They specialise 1-2-1 and small group courses. Thus as a priority, you should aim to help the pupils feel safe and secure, thereby developing a meaningful and trusting relationship.
The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual. You will demonstrate flexibility and support to help students develop confidence in their computer skills. You will also recognise the socio-economic factors that limit access to technology, and will make a concerted effort to acclimatise students with no prior exposure to computers.
They are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts.
- Teaching certification for the level at which you will be instructing
- Excellent presentation abilities
- Strong written and administrative skills
- Passionate about fostering computer literacy and academic excellence
- ability to identify areas of need within each pupil’s study programme
- ability to build positive rapport with students/parents/staff
- excellent communication skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline.
- QTS status
- Hold a current DBS certificate
- Prior experience as a Computer Teacher
- Own, reliable transport is preferable
- The role is flexible and offers competitive rates of pay
- Opportunity to contribute to a young team and grow as a leader
- Those successful will benefit from a subscription to Twinkl online teaching resources, as well as flexibility over their working hours.
All candidates are subject to a face to face interview; references to cover the last two years’ employment; and a full enhanced DBS check.
If you are interested in this role, can demonstrate that you meet the essential criteria, and would like to join a fast growing business in the South East, then please get in touch withJulie Jacks at hr&tuition-extra.co.uk